Usui Tibetan Reiki First Degree (Level 1) is a two-day course.
10am to 5:30pm on both days.
Cost of the two-day course is £140 (this includes a comprehensive course manual)
The course is designed aiming to keep within the National Occupational Standards for Reiki, and to give you maximum opportunity for practising working with the energy for yourself, and also with other people.
Reiki at the first degree is mainly about you developing yourself and becoming accustomed to using the energy for your own self-healing, and beginning to use it to help others.
The aim for the Level One training is:
- To introduce you to Reiki and its history;
- To introduce you to the practice of Reiki for your own self-healing;
- To introduce you to giving Reiki to other people.
During the course you will:
- Make the connection to the energy, and know how it feels.
- Develop your sensitivity to the flow of energy.
- Begin to learn how to use the energy for your own self-healing, and for others.
- Develop your ability to channel the energy and starting to trust in your own intuitive abilities.
- Learn to focus your attention and drop into the ‘now’ moment so allowing yourself to be a clear channel for the energy flow.
By the end of the second day you will be able to give yourself a treatment, and know how to give a seated and a full treatment to another person. You will also receive your Level One Certificate.
Once you have completed the training, you won’t be on your own – I will be there to answer any questions that you have and to support you while you are learning.
If you are interested in attending this course, please either contact me via my email firstname.lastname@example.org, or ring me on 07521 447642 for a booking form.
Introductions and sharing why you want to be attuned to Reiki.
Levels and definition
How is Reiki learned?
How is Reiki used?
History of Reiki
The Five Reiki Principles
Our Lineage and where you fit in.
Introduction to Meditation
Practical Work: Guided Meditation
Guided Meditation in preparation for level 1 Attunement process
- Tuning in using Breath of Earth/Breath of Heaven
- Feeling the energy (playing with the energy flow exercise)
Reiki and self-healing
- Demonstration of hand positions for self-treatment
- How did the energy feel – what did you notice?
The Human Energy Field: Energy Systems Associated with the Body:
- Reiki flow after attunement
- Demonstration of hand positions for a seated treatment
- How to make sure you have disconnected from a recipient
- Paired seated treatment
- How did the energy feel for you and your recipient?
How Reiki acts to heal
Is Reiki safe?
General facts about healing
Introduction to Body Structure and Function
Basic overview of the Eleven Organ Systems
Organ Systems and their Major Organs
Links between body and mind.
Introduction to the Emotional Ladder
Practical Work: Giving Reiki to others:
- Demonstration of hand positions
- Group shared full treatment
- Giving feedback about what you felt and noticed.
- Sensations that may be noticed
Methods of energy work for Level 1
Practical Work: Practising the scanning technique
- Preparing to give a treatment: Cleansing techniques
- Practising Dry bathing (Kenyoku-Ho)
- Practising Reiki Shower
- Cleansing the treatment area
Practical Work: Observed Shared/Paired Treatments
Next steps: After your Level 1 course
Following your course I would encourage you to self-treat as often as possible – try really hard to self-treat every day at least for the first 21 days, this doesn’t have to be a long treatment, even just ten minutes a day will make all the difference and strengthen your connection to the energy. I would also recommend that you keep a log of any treatments that you have done for yourself, other people or animals. There is no formal requirement for any case studies to be completed at this stage, but it is useful to highlight any areas that you want to clarify, and also enable you to share your experiences with others during future training.
If you do decide to be attuned to Second Degree Reiki (Level 2) and onto the pathway for a Practitioner Certificate, your log will provide the evidence of what you have practised, learned during your use of Reiki, and the time that you have spent actually using Reiki for yourself and others, and count towards the activities that are necessary to complete the Level 2 Practitioner course.